Council provides a variety of ways that you can seek advice and assistance about planning matters.
We have dedicated staff who can provide assistance and information relating to:
- Land use
- Future development proposals
- Preparing development applications
- Identifying engineering and environmental technical issues
- Understanding the assessment process and clarifying assessment timeframes
- Identifying Planning Scheme and relevant legislative requirements
Talk to an Officer
Planning enquiries can be made between 8.15am and 4.45pm Monday to Friday, in person at the Hervey Bay or Maryborough Customer Service Centres, phoning Council on 1300 79 49 29 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
PD Onlineis an internet-based tool linked to Council’s website that allows applicants, businesses, developers and members of the public to view and print information and track the progress of development applications online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For further information, see fact sheet - PD Online (PDF,255kB).
A pre-lodgement meeting is a free service for prospective applicants and council officers to discuss a proposal and key issues prior to the lodgement of a development application.
While pre-lodgement meetings are not a mandatory requirement, it is encouraged where formal feedback is sought.
A pre-lodgement meeting can be organised by submitting a completed pre-lodgement meeting request form (PDF,154kB) and A3-sized concept drawings to Council’s Development and Planning Department by:
- Mail – PO Box 1943, Hervey Bay Qld 4655
- Email – email@example.com
- In person at the Hervey Bay or Maryborough Customer Service Centres
For further information, see fact sheet - Prelodgement meetings (PDF,329kB).
Contact Council's Development and Planning Department on 1300 79 49 29 for further assistance.