Council is required to monitor the standard of operations in acommodation premises to ensure the health and safety of occupants.
This is achieved by regulating particular types of acommodation premises.
The applicant for a budget or shared accommodation licence must be a legal entity (eg person(s) or a company).
Prior to submitting your application, you should ensure the site has the relevant development approval to prevent the application being delayed.
- Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading - Residential Services
- Residential Tenancies Authority
- Liquor Licensing
- Tenants Union of Queensland
- Fraser Coast Regional Council Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011 (PDF,207kB)
- Fraser Coast Regional Council Subordinate Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011 (PDF,421kB)
- Public Health Act 2005
- Local Government Act 2009
If you require further information, please contact Council's Regulatory Services on 1300 79 49 29.