Registration is compulsory for cats and a permit is required to keep more than two (2) cats on any allotment or premises. Related forms are available below.
Be a responsible cat owner
- Desex your pet at an early age so that the natural instinct to wander won't overcome it and it will be content to stay at home.
- Feed you cat after you have brought it in for the night.
- Keep your cat securly confined to your home at night so it cannot get into fights, injured or hunt.+
- If you cannot keep your cat inside, place the cat in the garage and always provide a litter tray, clean water, food and some bedding.
- Attach a bell to your cat's collar to act as a warning to birds.
Cat traps are available for hire from Council to trap feral cats.
If you would like more information, please contact Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 79 49 29.