At its Special Meeting held on 19 July 2016, Council adopted a Councillor Discretionary Funds Policy (PDF, 153kB) which sets out the purpose and scope for spending discretionary funds.
The policy allocates $150,000 for each Divisional Councillor. This amount is made up of $100,000 which is allocated for capital works and $50,000 which is allocated for community grants.
See the lists below for the discretionary fund spend in both areas to date (for the 2016/17 financial year).
- Discretionary Funds list for capital works 2016/17 (PDF,56kB)
- Discretionary Funds list for community grants 2017/18 (PDF,7kB)
The Council's Councillor discretionary fund actively supports community purpose initiatives that provide services to the Fraser Coast region.
There are guidelines and eligibility requirements when applying for a Councillor discretionary fund community grant.
For more information or to apply, please download the Councillor Discretionary Fund - Application Form (PDF, 190kB).
Councillor's discretionary fund spend for previous years
- Councillor Discretionary Funds 2016/17(PDF,21kB)
- Councillor Discretionary Funds 2015/16(PDF,47kB)
- Councillor Discretionary Funds 2014/15(PDF,16kB)
- Councillor Discretionary Funds 2013/14(PDF,46kB)