Frequently asked questions
How do I apply for the grant?
1. To receive the grant you must:
- meet the eligibility criteria
- purchase new land or new house and land package within the residential project area
- not have previously received a Hervey Bay Housing Affordability Incentives Project Grant
2. Download the Grant Application and Lodgement Guide (PDF,1MB), complete the relevant information and lodge this with all supporting documentation.
3. Your application must be:
- signed by all applicants
- include all the relevant supporting documentation
4. You can lodge your application with Council by:
- Post - PO Box 1943, Hervey Bay, QLD, 4655
- In Person - at Council Administration Centres
- Fax - (07) 4197 4455
In order to determine whether or not you are eligible for the grant, Council may ask you for additional information.
How long will it take for my application to be processed?
Once Council has received an application that contains all supporting documentation you will be notified in writing within 14 business days.
How do I check whether the property I am interested in is eligible for the grant?
Review the information under Eligibility Criteria which provides a map indicating the Estates which currently have properties available. Alternatively contact Council.
For further information view information sheet - Housing Affordability Grant - Destination Hervey Bay (PDF, 3.8MB)