Fraser Island residents and visitors can dispose of their waste at Council’s three waste disposal sites located at:
- Orchid Beach
- Happy Valley
Please sort your waste
Bulk bins are provided for general household waste, with designated areas for:
- Green waste;
- Steel; and
- Small quantities of Construction and Demolition materials.
Recycling collection is not available on the Island at this time, however Council encourages recyclables to be brought back to the main land and disposed of correctly.
Conditions of entry
- Footwear must be worn at all times
- Gates to remain closed at all times
- Children are to remain in vehicle at all times
- All waste should be placed in bins or allocated areas as signed
- If bin is full, move to next bin
- Keep lids on bins closed
- No authorised lighting of fires
- No scavenging
Regulated wastes such as asbestos, engine and cooking oils and tyres must not be disposed of on Fraser Island. These waste materials must be brought to the Maryborough Waste Facility or disposed of through a licensed regulated waste transporter.
For further information, contact Fraser Coast Waste on 1300 79 49 29.