- made to the assessment manager on the approved IDAS Formsor in some cases, relevant Council application forms;
- accompanied by supporting information (stated on the IDAS forms as mandatory information);
- lodged with the appropriate fees; and
- accompanied (where required) by the consent of the owner/s of the land.
Application by email
Development applications can be lodged to Council electronically at email@example.com
Applicants can also choose to correspond electronically after lodgement.
Lodge in person or by post
Two copies of all documentation is required for hard copy applications.
You can lodge your development application with the applicable fee in person or by post.
- Mail – PO Box 1943, Hervey Bay Qld 4655
- In person at the Hervey Bay or Maryborough Customer Service Centres
Fees and charges
Council's current list of fees and charges are available by clicking here
Development assessment process
When a development application is lodged with Council the assessment process follows the Integrated Development Assessment System (IDAS) under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
The process consists of five stages, click on one of the below for further information.
Code and impact assessable applications
|Code||A code development application is assessed against the relevant codes identified in the Planning Scheme. This type of application can be assessed relatively quickly and does not require public notification.|
|Impact||An impact assessable development application is for development that must be assessed against the whole Planning Scheme to the extent relevant. These applications must be publicly notified.|
Code Response templates
When submitting a development application to Council, an applicant is required to include a response to the relevant Planning Scheme code(s).
To assist with the preparation of a response to the relevant code(s), Council has prepared Planning Scheme code response templates for applicants to use. Click to view templates.
Contact Council's Development and Planning Department on 1300 79 49 29 for further assistance.