Shoreline Erosion Management Plan
Council is developing a Fraser Coast Shoreline Erosion Management Plan (SEMP) for its 112km of open ocean coastline which stretches from Burrum Heads to Tinnanbar.
Residents are encouraged to put forward their views, values and expectations on shoreline management.
The SEMP project is being completed in three stages:
Stage 1 - Collation of important datasets, background reports and community values. A Gap Analysis report completed this stage (refer to Downloads below).
Stage 2 - Coastal processes, risk assessment and an assessment of erosion management options. An Options Assessment report completed this stage (refer to Downloads below).
Stage 3 - The Shoreline Erosion Management Plan will set Council's policy on coastline erosion management and the key actions and recommended works.
The plan will be presented to the project steering group for endorsement and to Council for adoption.
Gay Analysis report
Options Assessment report
- Options Assessment report - executive summary and contents (PDF,2.4MB)
- Options Assessment report - introduction (PDF,3.1MB)
- Options Assessment report - study approach (PDF,94kB)
- Options Assessment report - erosion prone areas (PDF,6.4,MB)
- Options Assessment report - statutory and non-statutory framework (PDF,1.3MB)
- Options Assessment report - values and uses of the study area (PDF,9.3MB)
- Options Assessment report - risk assessment (PDF,997kB)
- Options Assessment report - management recommendations (PDF,41kB)
- Options Assessment report - conclusions and recommendations (PDF,16kB)
- Options Assessment report - qualifications and assumptions (PDF,11kB)
- Options Assessment report - references (PDF,16kB)
- Appendix A - Consultation report (PDF,409kB)
- Appendix B - Risk assessment discussion paper (PDF,525kB)
- Appendix C - Preliminary indicative options costings (PDF,29kB)
- Appendix D - Options assessment criteria (PDF,16kB)
- Appendix E - Erosion prone areas mapping (PDF,2496kB)
- Appendix F - Qualitative risk assessment (PDF,198kB)
- Appendix G - Quantitative risk assessment (PDF,109kB)
- Appendix H - Options mapping (zone 1) (PDF,13.8MB)
- Appendix H - Options mapping (zone 2) (PDF,3.9MB)
- Appendix H - Options mapping (zone 3) (PDF,14.5MB)
- Appendix H - Options mapping (zone 4) (PDF,7.8MB)
- Appendix H - Options mapping (zone 5) (PDF,6.1MB)
- Appendix I - Unranked management options (PDF,42kB)
- Appendix J - Ranked management options (PDF,31kB)
For general enquiries regarding coastal management issues, email Engineering.Services@frasercoast.qld.gov.au or phone 1300 79 49 29.