Temporary food stall

Any person that prepares and sells food for a market or special (temporary) event is required to be licensed.

There are some exemptions, so please check with Council to find out whether your proposed activity requires licensing or not.

Council requires all food operators, including not for profit organisations to make an application prior to conducting any food handling activity so that guidance can be given to ensure compliance with the Food Safety Standards.

Roadside vending / street stall

Approval may be given to any person proposing to undertake roadside vending or set up a street stall. Conditions do apply.

Fundraising activities in public places

Sausage sizzles, cake stalls and similar fundraising activities require approval under Council's local laws if they are conducted in public places.

Related links


Contact us

For further information, please contact Council's Regulatory Services on 1300 79 49 29.