Location and access
Location is the catch cry for the Fraser Coast. It's close to the action but far enough away to enjoy the benefits of relaxed, regional living.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions.
Only 250km north of Brisbane and just on ninety minutes in the air to Sydney, the region has direct road, rail and air access to major domestic centres including resource sectors to the west and north.
This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
We offer quality infrastructure, a stable and skilled workforce, and a progressive approach to supporting business and investment.
QantasLink has extensive daily flights from Hervey Bay to Brisbane. Virgin Australia operates daily direct jet services from Sydney to the Fraser Coast with convenient connection from most capital cities.
Queensland Rail operates regular services from Brisbane, Rockhampton and Cairns to Maryborough West, with coach transfers to Hervey Bay.
Click on the Fraser Coast location map to enlarge (PDF, 650KB) »
- Main thoroughfare for South East Queensland
- Central to gas and energy corridors to the west and north
- Ideally positioned to act as a conduit for service providers to the gas and energy corridors
- Located on the Bruce Highway and the Queensland Rail network
- Fast efficient transport corridors, including jet services to Sydney
- Easy access to major Australian centres
- Catchment of approximately 300,000 people within a two hour drive/ 200km radius
- First-class transport services and infrastructure