Doing Business with Council
Council operates under a Five Point Plan which injects funds into the local economy through the use of local suppliers.
We aim to:
- Utilise local suppliers in the provision of goods and services
- Inject funds into the local economy
- Provide employment security;
- Promote development activity, and;
- Show strong fiscal management.
Council’s Economic Development Strategy also promotes the region’s economy by:
- Fostering an environment that retains and supports existing businesses while expanding economic opportunity;
- Actively marketing the Fraser Coast's competitive advantages to attract new business and developments;
- Encouraging the development of competitive local businesses within the Fraser Coast and more broadly within the Wide Bay region.
The EDS is linked to Council’s 2009 – 2013 Corporate Plan which outlines the Council’s vision for the region.