The Fraser Coast Community Plan was adopted at Council Meeting held on Wednesday 21 September 2011. The plan was developed after community consultation through community meetings, focus groups, surveys and online feedback received late 2011.
The Fraser Coast Community Plan creates a vision for the future of the region. it provides the foundation for residents, businesses, organisations and Council to work together to enhance the Fraser Coast.
Our Fraser Coast Vision
In 2031, the Fraser Coast will be a diverse, strong and well governed region of vibrant
places connected as a whole by our community spirit, respect for our natural environment
and our innovative and diverse economy.
Our Fraser Coast community will:
- Be diverse and contrasts will be valued and respected by all our residents and enjoyed by those who come and visit;
- Be aware of opportunities that better our lifestyle;
- Be supported by strong governance systems which provide for us to plan and make decisions together in partnership;
- Be a happy, active, healthy, safe and engaging place to live;
- Provide diverse employment opportunities with a robust and resilient economy;
- Have access to life-long learning opportunities, supported by quality educational programs and facilities;
- Have a choice of housing to suit all income levels, lifestyles and life stages;
- Be respected for its commitment to social equity and community connectedness; and
- Conserve and value important environmental; Aboriginal and European cultural heritage assets.