| || |
There are two significant local history collections held by Fraser Coast libraries.
• Hervey Bay Library houses local history information relating to Hervey Bay, Howard and Burrum Heads areas.
• Maryborough Library houses local history resources relating to Maryborough, Tiaro and Woocoo.
Burrum Heads, Howard and Tiaro Libraries hold selected resources relating to their respective areas.
The Local History (LH) collections are available to all who wish to use them within the opening hours of the respective libraries. Please note that these resources are not available for loan. Original materials may have some restrictions with regard to photocopying or handling. In some cases, where there are multiple copies in the region, a resource may also be available for loan from the non fiction collection
The collection does not include large items of realia, or artwork, these being more suitably housed in the local museums or art galleries. Formats collected include the following –
• Printed material - Books, magazines, newspapers, newsletters, catalogues, reports, posters, programs, tickets and other items of ephemera.
• Maps and plans - Including subdivision plans, architectural drawings.
• Manuscripts and archives - Council records, family papers and documents, original manuscripts (original and copies) and theses.
• Pictorial - Photographs, prints, postcards, slides, etchings.
• Audio-visual - Oral history tapes, sound recordings, films, videos, DVDs.
• Microforms - Microfilm, microfiche.
• Computerised records - CD-Roms, computer discs, online databases.