Stockland Hervey Bay is currently in negotiations with prospective tenants for its $100 million expansion.
Stockland believes it is within 12 months of starting work on the project, which will add an extra 22,433 square metres to the centre in the Pialba CBD.
The plans will expand the existing enclosed shopping mall to 31,475 square metres.
Major elements of the expansion include:
- A new discount department store of 5,736 m2;
- A minor expansion of the existing Target;
- A mini-major tenant of 1,149 m2;
- A new supermarket with a floor area of 4,078 m2;
- An additional 6,590 m2 of retail specialty stores and 2,988 m2 of office space;
- A dedicated food court;
- An expansion of the existing Bulky Goods retailer in the north-east corner of the site by 682 m2;
- Proposed new 1,210 m2 stand-alone shops at the rear of the adjoining complex;
- A new fast food premises (defined as ‘restaurant’ in the scheme) located on the corner of Main Street and McLiver Street;
- Provision of 832 more car parking spaces, including a roof top car park and some covered by shade sails.