Cadets and graduates
Council is proud to support job creation initiatives and employment opportunities for youth, long term unemployed and other groups.
We have invested substantial resources in developing talented people who have completed grade 12, or recently commenced tertiary studies, into highly sought after professionals. The valuable work experience and skills gained while completing tertiary studies has led our cadets into exciting employment opportunities within Council and the local community.
Cadetships involve working full time while completing a diploma or degree part-time through university.
Cadetships can vary in duration depending on the path of study, and the needs of our divisions.
The benefits and working conditions we offer our cadets:
- valuable on the job training with experienced employees
- job rotation into various sections of Council broadening your experience base
- generous starting salary plus annual performance based pay increment
- full reimbursement of university enrolment and HECS fees or TAFE enrolment fees
- time off work to attend lectures and tutorials or if distance education, time off for private study, time off work to study for and attend examinations (as per FCRC’s study assistance management policy and guidelines)
- access to in-house/external/e-learning training courses
- access to our Council’s excellent library resources
- great social network with other cadets.
If you are interested in a cadetship with Council, we usually conduct our recruitment drive in December each year.
Successful applicants commence work at around the end of January the following year.
Council has developed a Graduate program that offers fixed term employment to university graduates providing them with the opportunity to gain work experience to build on studies completed in relevant fields.
If you would like more information, please contact our HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org