WetSide Water ParkThis link will open in a new window is located on the foreshore at the junction of Main Street and the Esplanade, Pialba, Hervey Bay and is a fun, eco-friendly public asset designed around water 'infotainment'.
FREE ENTRY into WetSide.
The park includes a special area for under 5s called Totside and the FlipSide BoardRider wave machine ($6 per person).
The FlipSide BoardRider operates every Saturday. During school holidays is open 7 days a week from 10am -5pm. * PLEASE NOTE: The Flipside BoardRider is undergoing maintenance and will be back in operation December 2017.
WetSide may close for reasons including maintenance, extreme weather and maximum capacity crowds.
Please note the FlipSide BoardRider will remain closed for maintenance and is expected to open in December.
Normal hours are:
- Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm (during Queensland school terms)
- 7 days a week from 10am to 5pm (during Queensland school holidays)
- Public Holidays open from 10am - 5pm
- Closed ANZAC Day, Christmas Day, and annual maintenance from May to early September.
Remember the following:
- No glass, alcohol, tables, barbeques or gazebos to be brought into the park.
- Management may refuse entry or eject patrons at its discretion.
- WetSide is smoke-free.
- Bikes, skates, rollerblades etc. are not allowed.
- Play safely, obey the law and look after the park.
- Wear appropriate clothing or swimwear.
- Youngsters must wear waterproof swim nappies. All changing must take place in change facilities.
- Wear footwear on boardwalks for protection against splinters and heat.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by a person over 16.
- Swearing has no place here, nor does rough play.
- WetSide is for people, not pets. Furry friends can't come in.
- Remember to walk (not run), stay out of gardens, don't loiter in change rooms and keep jets clear.
- Never sit on jets and don't drink from them. Wetside's water is recycled rain but it's chlorinated like pool water.
WetSide showcases a Light Show from 7.30pm on the following days:
- Friday and Saturday nights;
- Christmas Day and New Years Eve;
- Australia Day;
- Easter Sunday; and
- ANZAC Day (5.30am)
Esplanade (Main Street and the Esplanade junction)
Phone: 0406 451 472
Last updated 06/10/2017