Hervey Bay Museum set to expand
27 November 2019
The Fraser Coast Regional Council has approved a new 10-year lease over more land for the Hervey Bay Historical Society Museum Association in Stephenson and Zephyr Streets in Pialba.
The association had three leases for separate blocks of land on which it operates the Hervey Bay Historical Village, but is seeking an additional area of land to expand its displays.
The three leases have been surrendered and one new lease covering four blocks will be signed by Council.
The lease for the historical society was one of seven leases approved at the November Council meeting.
Council agreed to renew leases with:
- Sandy Strait Rural Fire Brigade at Poona;
- Fraser Coast Training Employment Support Service over the former Woocoo Shire Council administration centre at Mungar;
- Woocoo Historical Society;
- Maryborough and District Animal Refuge Society;
- Maryborough Clay Target Club, and;
- Toogoom Fishing Club.