Region benefits from community grants schemes
7 November 2019
Fifteen Fraser Coast community groups and five community events will receive support with more than $71,000 to be invested through the Fraser Coast Regional Council’s grant schemes.
At the October meeting this week (Wednesday, October 23) Council approved grants under Round 1 of the Community Projects scheme and Round 1 of the Community Events scheme.
“The grants ensure that the region’s community groups are well supported and able to provide the facilities they need or organise their events to ensure we are a vibrant community focused on cultural diversity and community participation,” Cr Paul Truscott said.
Under Round 1 of the Community Projects Program Council allocated $51,300 to 15 groups:
- Christian Youth Camps Pialba, install assisted access to a function room - $5,000;
- Hervey Bay Art Society, two computers - $4,850;
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Hervey Bay, four computers - $5,000;
- Qld Sporting Clays Association Fraser Coast Branch, generator, laptop and printer - $4,411.20;
- Hervey Bay Historical Society Museum Association, concrete pad for shade shed - $2,631.50;
- Riding for Disabled Maryborough, 7,000 gallon rainwater tank and two shade carports -$5,000;
- Hervey Bay Surf Lifesaving Club, side by side vehicle - $5,000;
- Football Maryborough, installation of shade - $5,000;
- Hervey Bay Woodcraft Club, air conditioner - $1,760;
- Maryborough Men’s Shed, security screens and signage - $5,000;
- Wide Bay Hospitals Museum Society, information signs - $1,526.20;
- Maryborough BMX Club, spectator seating - $3,566.40, and;
- River Heads Progress Association, upgrade uninterruptible power supply - $2,555.
Under Round 1 of the Community Events Program, Council allocated $19,950 for five events:
- Windwanderers Burrum SurfFX Windfest, 21-27 March, 2020 - $2,250;
- Zephyr Street Performing Arts Community Theatre, Z-PAC on the Move, 6 October 2019 – 1 March 2020, $4,500;
- Teebar Show and Sports Association ,Teebar Show, Campdraft and Rodeo, 13 June 2020 - $5,000;
- Maryborough City Progress Association, Maryborough and District Allsports Showcase, 15 February 2020 - $3,200, and;
- Maryborough BMX Club, two-day regional carnival, 8-9 June 2020 - $5,000.
Council offers a range of community grant programs to support projects, activities and events across the region that benefits the community of the Fraser Coast Local Government Area.
More information on community grants is available here.