Council supports job creation initiatives and employment opportunities for youth, the long-term unemployed and other groups.
Cadetships involve working full time while completing a diploma or degree part-time through university.
Cadetships can vary in duration depending on the path of study, and the needs of our Council departments.
The benefits and working conditions we offer cadets include:
- valuable on the job training with experienced employees;
- job rotation in various sections of Council;
- generous starting salary plus annual performance based pay increment;
- full reimbursement of university enrolment and HECS fees or TAFE enrolment fees;
- time off work to attend lectures and tutorials or if distance education, time off for private study, time off work to study for and attend examinations (as per Council's Study Assistance Management Policy and guidelines);
- access to in-house/external/e-learning training courses;
- access to Council's library resources; and
- great social network with other cadets.
If you are interested in a cadetship with Council, we usually conduct our recruitment drive in December each year.
Successful applicants usually commence work at the end of January the following year.
Council has developed a graduate program that offers fixed term employment to university graduates providing them with the opportunity to gain work experience to build on studies completed in relevant fields.
If you would like more information, please contact our Human Resources department on email@example.com