General Complaints Process

Administrative Action Complaint

What is an administrative action complaint?

  • A complaint regarding how a previous request that personally affects you has been handled.
  • A request to review a decision or action made by Council that personally affects you.
  • A request for a service such as a replacement waste bin is not addressed under the complaints process.

How do I make a complaint?

There are a number of ways you can lodge a complaint:

  • In-person at Council's administration centres or by calling 1300 79 49 29.
  • By filling in the official complaints form.
  • In writing, by letter, fax or email addressed to the Chief Executive Officer:

    PO Box 1943 Hervey Bay Qld 4655
    Fax: (07) 4197 4455

Council does accept and investigate anonymous complaints, however, if insufficient information is provided Council may refuse to investigate.

Click here to obtain application form  

How will my complaint be processed?

Council is committed to providing a high level of customer service and welcomes feedback to continually improve our processes and service delivery.

We aim to resolve complaints at the first point of contact. Where this is not possible the time to resolve or respond to your complaint will depend on how complex the matter is.

The officer handling the complaint will contact you within 10 working days of receiving the complaint to let you know they have received your complaint and it is currently being actioned. 

You will be advised of the outcome of your complaint.

I need help to make a complaint

If our complaint form is not in your language, please call the National Translating and Interpreting Service (NTIS) on 131 450. Advise the NTIS of your preferred language and ask to speak with the Fraser Coast Regional Council Customer Service on 1300 79 49 29.

If you need assistance because of a hearing or speech impairment please contact the National Relay Service on 133 677. If you can speak and hear but sometimes people have trouble understanding you, the number to call at the Relay Service is 1300 555 727.

Queensland Ombudsman

The Queensland Ombudsman encourages people to make their complaint count.

An information brochure that features advice, top tips and a hand tear off checklist is available on the Queensland Ombudsman website.

Contact us

Please contact Council on 1300 79 49 29 or email