COVID-19 Council Update
Council and novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Fraser Coast Regional Council is committed to supporting Queensland Health as the lead agency responding to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and will ensure our community is kept informed.
It is important for us as a community to not become complacent and continue to practice physical distancing and good personal hygiene.
People are also being urged to stay home if you are unwell unless seeking medical attention. Those experiencing even the mildest of symptoms are encouraged to get tested and adhere to all directions provided regarding self-isolation whilst awaiting the results of your test.
Click here for the latest advice and information.
A National Coronavirus Health Information Line has been established on 1800 020 080.
Frequently asked questions
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are known to cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
However novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
It depends on the virus, but common signs include:
- a cough
- sore throat
- shortness of breath.
To protect yourself and others from infection, practice good hand and respiratory hygiene including:
- cleaning hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs
- covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
- avoiding contact with anyone who has symptoms such as fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue, and shortness of breath
- staying home if you are unwell.
You should also try and stay at least 1.5 metres away from people coughing or sneezing.
Council is proactively encouraging workers to maintain personal hygiene and is committed to providing a hygienic work environment.
Customer Service Centres in Hervey Bay and Maryborough are open.
- Phone Council on 1300 79 49 29
- Postal address: PO Box 1943, Hervey Bay Qld 4655
- Fax: (07) 4197 4455
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org