Development and planning news
If you would like to stay informed on the latest development and building information, please subscribe to our mailing list or view the news items below.
* Privacy notice: In using this form you are providing personal information. This information will be used for the purpose of registering you to receive Council's development enewsletter and will only be accessed by persons authorised to do so. Your personal information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009.
Newsflash – Updated Plan Sealing and Security of Electricity Supply Requirements
06 April 2016
Further to Council’s newsflash dated 20 November 2015, Council has reviewed its standard development condition relating to the provision of “electricity supply’ for Reconfiguring a Lot (ROL) approvals.
The Condition includes a requirement for electrical supply, timing and evidence of supply agreements.
The following will be applied as standard condition to all ROL approvals requiring electricity supply:
That each lot the subject of this approval be provided with a reticulated power connection and supply under standard tariff conditions.
In this regard, the developer is to enter into an agreement with an approved electricity provider, prior to issuance of a Compliance Certificate for the subdivision plan,
to ensure that electricity will be available to each allotment under standard tariff conditions and without further capital contributions. Evidence of such an agreement must be:
- Provision of a Certificate of Supply, or
- Provision of a Certificate of Acceptance, or
- Provision of a Negotiated Connection Establishment Contract, and evidence of the following;
- substantial commencement of the internal electrical work, and
- evidence of contract with electrical contractor;
- and evidence of the ability to fund the contract value of the electrical works.
Should you have any further questions, please contact our Planning Department on 1300 79 49 29.