Introduction to Birdwatching
**Due to popular demand, this event is booked out. We would like to thank the community for their interest.**
When: Wednesday 1 February 2023
Where: Takura Environmental Reserve, 42 Barnett Rd, Takura (end of the cul-de-sac)
Bring: Sturdy covered walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle and a pair of binoculars if you have them.
Topics covered will include:
- How to use binoculars, and which binoculars to purchase
- Bird identification - what to look for, bird calls, distribution
- Field guides, books and apps
- Ethical birding
- Bird friendly gardens: how to improve your backyard to make the birds come to you
- Bird conservation
- Great birdwatching spots on the Fraser Coast
- Spot and identify a few birds before flying off to your own birdwatching experiences
Registration is essential as spots are limited. Please call Council Customer Service on 1300 79 49 29 to secure your spot.