Fraser Coast Regional Events Strategy 2020-2024
Events play an important role in the cultural, social and economic development of the Fraser Coast Region.
The Fraser Coast Regional Events Strategy 2020-2024 provides specific direction and guidance for bringing communities together, celebrating our region’s diversity and fostering a shared sense of place for the region.
The strategy will:
- showcase the Fraser Coast’s unique identity and capacity for hosting events.
- ensure a diverse, vibrant and balanced year-round event calendar.
- promote the Fraser Coast’s position as a highly desirable place to live, work, invest and play.
- identify events that are major economic drivers for the Fraser Coast region and support our destination brand.
- attract events which align and complement the region’s position within the Tourism and Events Queensland regional events strategic plan and that provide maximised benefits from a social, cultural, economic and/or environmental perspective.
- develop commercial and community partnerships to increase investment and support of events.