Events play an important role in the cultural, social and economic development of the Fraser Coast Region.
The Fraser Coast Regional Events Strategy 2020 (PDF, 4MB) provides specific direction and guidance for bringing communities together, celebrating our region’s diversity and fostering a shared sense of place for the region.
The strategy will:
- showcase the Fraser Coast’s unique identity and capacity for hosting events.
- ensure a diverse, vibrant and balanced year-round event calendar.
- promote the Fraser Coast’s position as a highly desirable place to live, work, invest and play.
- identify events that are major economic drivers for the Fraser Coast region and support our destination brand.
- attract events which align and complement the region’s position within the Tourism and Events Queensland regional events strategic plan and that provide maximised benefits from a social, cultural, economic and/or environmental perspective.
- develop commercial and community partnerships to increase investment and support of events.