Fraser Coast Regional Council in partnership with the Fraser Coast Chronicle and Hervey Bay RSL will award a Sportsperson of the month award. This award profiles athletes who stand up above the rest; whether it’s talent, heart, determination or overcoming a challenge.
Coaches, teammates, community members or league officials can nominate the sportsperson. We encourage nominations from all the different sports groups within the Fraser Coast region.
- Athletes must be amateur in status;
- Junior sportsperson nominations are determined by age 17 years and under. Senior sportsperson nominations are determined by 18 years and over;
- The award is open to athletes who make their primary residence in the Fraser Coast region;
- The award is given for an outstanding performance or series of performances;
- Nominations will be accepted up to and including the last Monday of the nominating month; and,
- The winners will be announced via contact details provided in the nomination form. Winners will also be profiled in the Fraser Coast Chronicle.
Selection of winners
The selection committee will review all nominations and choose one junior and one senior individual sportsperson