Have your Say
We are interested in your feedback and comments.
Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre Master Plan
9 October 2019
What is your vision for the future design of the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre?
Fraser Coast Regional Council will be developing a Master Plan for the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre in the coming months. Council wants to know what you value now and what you imagine for the future of the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre.
How can I get involved?
Council is inviting community members to have their say via an online survey from 14 October to 3 November and attending community workshops, during late October.
- What existing features do you like or want to see enhanced?
- What new features would you like to see?
- What does a renewed Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre look like?
Have your say:
- Online: Complete our online survey: (Have your say) or complete a survey at the pool
- Community and Stakeholder Workshop:
Please register your interest by emailing HBaquatic@frasercoast.qld.gov.au
Details: Wednesday 23 October, 6pm (light refreshments will be available)
Council will be engaging with a number of groups during this period, and we hope to cover a broad cross section of the community to inform a concept design that services the needs of the entire community now and for the future.
OTIUM Review 2017
Council commissioned a review of all Aquatic facilities in 2017, and one of the key recommendations identified was to develop a Master Plan for the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre to plan for future growth and improvements for the facility and community.
The priorities identified from the 2017 report were:
Upgrade outdoor leisure water with interactive play equipment
- Develop amenities and change areas to service possible gymnasium, warm water pools, 25 metre pool and entrance including considering new family and group change village
- New health and fitness area
- New entrance facilities
- Redesign of the café and merchandise areas
- Upgrading and expanding an indoor learn to swim pool and plant room
- Establish an indoor fully accessible warm water pool
- Develop high attractor indoor water play and leisure water opportunities
What’s missing? Are these ideas still relevant? What’s possible?
The information gained as part of the 2017 Otium review has helped to shape the community engagement plan.
We will seek to confirm and/or improve on the findings and recommendations as well as identify any missing features that need to be considered in the master planning process.
The final Master Plan will establish the future direction and priorities for the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre for the next 40 years.
Please have your say on this exciting opportunity to plan for the future of our region.