Stay up to date with the latest Council media releases below.
Community events and facilities given a boost
18 December, 2018
Two fishing competitions and an antique fair are among the community events that will share in $38,000 worth of grants from the Fraser Coast Regional Council.
At its meeting today (Tuesday December 13), Council announced the projects to be funded under Round One of the Community Grants Scheme and Round One of the Community Events Scheme.
“The schemes ensure we have a vibrant community focused on cultural diversity and community participation,” Cr Sanderson said.
“It is a pleasure to see so many community-driven activities being organised across the region and for Council to be able to support community groups develop their facilities and events.”
Round One Community Grants:
- Glenwood Progress Association; Crim Safe Security Screens $3,348;
- Active Plus Lifestyles Options (TESS); establishment of Local Legends Volunteer Recruitment and Training Service, $4,781;
- Hervey Bay Surf Life Saving Club Secure storage for Patrol and Surf Sports Equipment, $5,000;
- Burrum District Community Men's Shed, Provide 3-phase power to new shed $2,540.45;
- St Mary's Catholic Church Grounds Restoration Project, purchase of new grounds maintenance equipment, $5,000;
- Bauple Band Hall rejuvenation, $5,000, and;
- Maryborough and District Western Performance Club, 6x6 storage shed, $5,000.
Round One of the Community Events Scheme:
- Poona Progress Association 2019 Family Fishing Competition, $1,000;
- Hervey Bay Historical Village and Museum 2019 Antiques & Collectables Fair, $1,239;
- Windwanderers 2019 Burrum Windfest , $1,900;
- Reining Australia Youth Camp 2019, $2,402, and;
- Maryborough and District Western Performance Club 2019 Multi Judge A Show, $1,200.