The following public notices have been advertised in local media and relate to Council events, roadworks, projects and community consultation.
EOI's now open for Maryborough CBD Mosaic
Fraser Coast Regional Council invites expressions of interest from mosaic artists to be a part of the creation of a large mosaic for the corner of Kent and Lennox streets, Maryborough as part of the CBD revitalisation works.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is currently working on a program schedule for the next CBD revitalisation works on Kent Street (Lennox to Adelaide streets). As part of the artwork component we are commissioning a large mosaic approximately 1.2 metre in diameter for the entrance on the corner of Kent and Lennox streets. The completed mosaic will be informed by historical research, collaborative discussion with Council and community representative interaction.
- Size: Diameter approximately 1.5mts.
- Installation will be carried out by a qualified tiler.
- Mosaic will be created off site in an appropriate facility provided by Council.
- To be negotiated with successful applicant. Materials must be safe, comply with WHAS considerations and suitable for outdoor public areas, application, pavement.
- The artist will be required to supply a concept sketch prior to commencement of the commission and an indicative cost breakdown and timeframe. Identify, develop, manage the artwork concept design/commission plan/development stages and community workshops.
- Design to be approved by Council before commencement of work.
- Community workshops to be included in the development of the work, (Blue Card and Public Liability Insurance required by commissioned artist).
- Presentation of current Public Liability Insurance and Blue Card documentation.
Please provide the following prior to due date:
- Completed Expression of Interest
- Examples of past work
- Indicative quote for completion of mosaic, materials and community workshops
- Workshop dates ideally will link with the annual Mary Poppins Festival, week beginning Monday July 1, 2019 however because of the nature and scale of the commission discussions on a realistic time frame will be negotiated. Artwork to be completed mid-late June, 2019.
- Applications due Tuesday, 30 April 2019.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artwork concept to be completed mid-late June, 2019