Council operates and maintains the following cemeteries:
- Howard Cemetery (includes Columbarium and Lawn sections) - Cemetery Road, Howard
- Maryborough Cemetery (includes Columbarium, Garden of Rest and Children's Memorial Garden) - Walker Street, Maryborough
- Polson Cemetery and Columbarium (includes the South Sea Islander Memorial and Cemetery) - Corser Street, Point Vernon
- Tiaro Cemetery and Columbarium - Bruce Highway, Tiaro
- Munna Creek Cemetery - Bauple-Woolooga Road, Munna Creek
- Deborah Cemetery - Deborah Road, Netherby (special circumstances only)
- Nikenbah Cemetery - Aalborg Road, Nikenbah (special circumstances only)
For further information see Fraser Coast Cemeteries brochure
All cemetery interments involve either a purchase cost of a grave, the cost of a reservation of a grave, the purchase of a garden or wall niche, or the reservation of a garden or wall niche.
An application fee is also charged for the erection of a monument or structure or the installation of a plaque.
Cemeteries Online allows you to view cemetery information for the Fraser Coast.
The information provided covers a period of over 150 years.
Fact Sheets, Forms & Maps
Installation of new plaques or monuments
Council approval is required for the installation of new plaques or monuments.
For new plaques please submit an application form new plaque or monument along with the prescribed fee. Once you have received the approval a notice of intent form must be completed and sent to the Cemetery Office at least 48 hours prior to the proposed construction commencement date.
Council has developed a Burial Rights Policy to define who the burial rights are granted to and who holds the right to nominate persons whose bodies or ashes may be interred in a Council administered grave or niche and the right to install monuments or plaques on a grave.
Friends of the Cemetery
Friends of the Cemetery volunteers work together to preserve our local cemeteries’ heritage values.
Participants are involved in monument cleaning, top dressing, weeding, plot numbering graves and assisting with garden maintenance. The Friends of the Cemetery group aim to meet once a month on a Wednesday and Saturday.
Volunteers are provided with tools and materials to undergo the work.
If you would like to become a volunteer please complete a volunteer registration form or for further information contact 1300 79 49 29.
- Mortuary Chapel Maryborough Cemetery conservation management plan
- Maryborough Cemetery conservation management plan
Cemetery Administration - Maryborough Garden of Rest Cemetery, Walker Street, Maryborough
Phone - 1300 79 49 29
Email - email@example.com