Fraser Coast Sports and Recreation Precinct
The gates of the Fraser Coast Sports and Recreation Precinct at Nikenbah opened on Saturday 16 February 2019.
The Sports Precinct at Nikenbah is a multi-stage development.
Stage 1 provides the following:
- Netball - eight (8) standard netball courts with acrylic non-slip court surfacing to Netball Australia specification, exceeding 200 lux lighting, and a club house facility;
- Soccer - Two (2) premium playing surfaces and two (2) standard playing surfaces, FIFA standard, field lighting of over 200 lux and club house facility; and,
- Oztag - Allocation of three (3) standard soccer fields providing six (6) standard oztag fields.
To book fields or hire courts contact the relevant leasee:
- Football Hervey Bay - email@example.com
- Netball Hervey Bay - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oztag Hervey Bay - email@example.com
Contact Councils Sport and Recreation Officer on 1300 79 49 29 for information about organising and holding community or sporting events outside of the leased tenants.
The Sports and Recreation Precinct is located on the corner of Woods Road and Road 477, Nikenbah. There is major road access via Maryborough/Hervey Bay Rd, Woods Rd, Main Street, Booral and Chapel Roads.
Pedestrian and cycle connectivity is available via the mobility corridor. The precinct is 20 mins from Maryborough and from five to 14 mins from most areas of Hervey Bay.
See locality plan below.
FCRC has undertaken a landmark legacy project in the form of the Fraser Coast Sports and Recreation Precinct - a 60Ha staged development will cater for the sports and recreation needs of the Fraser Coast community both now and into the future.
The Sports and Recreation Precinct is located on a parcel of land on Woods Road, Nikenbah, Hervey Bay, and is anticipated to encompass:
Future development will be dependent on community and club consultation and future demand.