Lighting Up Council Facilities
Council has several facilities and assets that can be illuminated to promote major festivals, events, community awareness campaigns or cultural festivals, including:
- Maryborough City Hall
- Avenue of fig trees adjacent Seafront Oval
- Fig trees at various locations on the Hervey Bay Esplanade.
The Lighting of Council assets is determined by Council and reserved for significant local, state, or national events or awareness campaigns that:
- Have a Fraser Coast-wide audience; or
- Benefit all Fraser Coast residents; or
- Attract 10,000 participants; or
- Are a national event represented in multiple states.
Applications to illuminate Council buildings and facilities can be submitted by an organisation or registered not-for-profit group.
Council reserves the right for use of its assets during a booked period.
Council reserves the right to cancel any lighting bookings at its discretion.
Council does not light up buildings in response to world events.
In the event of a power outage or maintenance issue, Council will endeavour to reset and restore the lights as soon as possible but there may be some delays, particularly on weekends.
- Requests should be received at least six weeks in advance of the date on which the facility is to be illuminated, to allow time for Council to consider the applicants request.
- Applications can be made up to six months in advance.
- Applications are processed in the order they are received.
- A new application is required for each event/awareness campaign and can be submitted up to six months in advance.
- Organisations with approved bookings may be asked to relinquish dates to allow for other bookings.
- Approval granted is a one-off approval. A new application is required for subsequent events or campaigns.
- Approval of event lighting may be withdrawn at any time.
- The location of the display and length of the display period shall be determined by the Director/CEO or their delegate and shall consider the requirements of other events and causes, but should be for no more than a month.
- The Director/CEO or their delegate will take into consideration the reason for the display, the amenity impacts on public buildings and areas, potential discrimination in messages displayed and any relevant legislative provisions and planning requirements.
Lighting up fees
No charges apply to lodge a Lighting Up application.
Available Dates for Lighting Up Council Facilities