Council adopted the 2018/19 Budget at a Special Meeting held on Wednesday, 27 June, 2018.
The $316 million dollar budget has been developed with the help of Councillors, Council Staff and the Rates Reference Group. It includes a $110 million capital works program to facilitate the region’s development and progression, pouring attention into key infrastructure and community projects.
More than a quarter of all capital spending has been allocated to new assets across the Fraser Coast.
Specifically, some key areas of investment include:
- $32.6 Million on roads
- $24.8 Million on water and sewerage services
- $10.8 Million on key airport upgrades
- $1.3 Million for Library and Cultural Services
- $3.7 Million for Parks, Playgrounds and Sports Fields
- $3.9 Million for Footpaths and Cycle Paths
- $1.8 Million for Environmental Management
The 2018/19 budget provides a platform for economic stability, growth and sustainability on the Fraser Coast and has put the best interests of its people first.
The centrepiece of this year’s budget is the development of a new property rating system which has undergone the most significant review since 2008.