Fraser Coast Regional Council adopted the 2019/20 Budget at a Special Meeting held on Monday, 24 June 2019.
The $335 million budget is a sound and responsible budget that includes no general rates rise along with a significant investment in improved services and community infrastructure.
It includes a record $119 million capital works program to help build better communities, preserve our unique lifestyle and stimulate the local economy.
Key areas of capital works investment include:
- $40 million for roads, bridges and drainage
- $25.7 million for water and sewerage infrastructure
- $14 million to renew the Hervey Bay Airport runway
- $4.3 million for parks and playgrounds
- $3.1 million for footpaths and bikeways
- $2.8 million for libraries and cultural services
Read the Special Meeting No. 3-19 budget adoption minutes here
Budget 2019/20 Documents
Council delivers “sound and responsible” budget
Water infrastructure upgraded to cater for growth