Fraser Coast Regional Council adopted the 2023/24 Budget at a Special Meeting held on Wednesday 28 June 2023.
The $430 million budget focuses on delivering essential services efficiently while planning for growth.
The budget includes $179 million for capital works projects to stimulate the local economy and provide resilient regional infrastructure.
Key highlights of Council’s 2023/24 capital works budget include:
- $39.1 million for roads, bridges and drainage;
- $56.9 million for water, waste and sewerage;
- $40.5 million for major projects, including caravan park upgrades, the Hervey Bay City Centre revitalisation and a new basketball facility;
- $8.1 million for parks, pools and playgrounds;
- $3.3 million for arts, cultural and community venues; and
- $1.3 million for footpaths and bikeways.
Click on the media releases below to read more.