As part of preparing for the storm and cyclone season Council encourages residents to clean up around their yards and take items to any landfill sites or transfer station free of charge.
The Get Ready - storm season clean-up will be held on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 November, 2018.
Green waste and other recyclable items can be disposed of for free anytime. As long as the items can be sorted and can be put into the correct collection bins at the transfer stations and landfills there is no charge.
The following applies
- Domestic / household loads only. Truck loads will be charged at normal rates;
- Domestic quantity means a 4'x6' trailer/ute or car load;
- Sort your load before you come in and pack your load with rubbish on the bottom and recycling on the top;
- Un-gassed fridges, freezers, air conditioners, tyres and mattresses at no charge;
- Maximum of six (6) 4WD/car/bike tyres per load; and
- Maximum of four (4) mattresses per load.
For more information on sorting your load click here.
For safety reasons the tip shops at Nikenbah Transfer Station and Maryborough landfill will be closed and there will be no mulch for sale.
For further information, please contact Fraser Coast Waste on 1300 79 49 29 or email email@example.com