Maryborough Aquatic Centre
The Maryborough War Memorial and Olympic Swimming Pool complex boasts a 50-metre pool, 25-metre heated pool, hydrotherapy pool, children's play area, changing sheds, toilets, kiosk, office and landscaping.
Cnr John and Kent Streets, Maryborough
Phone: (07) 4190 5875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday: 5.30am to 7pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am to 7pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am to 7pm
- Thursday: 5.30am to 6pm
- Friday: 5.30am to 7pm
- Saturday: 8am to 12 noon
- Sunday: 9am to 12 noon
- Public Holidays: 10am to 5pm (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
- ANZAC Day - 1.30pm - 5pm
**Centre closes at 12 noon on Christmas Eve and 4pm on New Year's Eve.**
Some aquatic programs may reduce the accessibility of the pools at different times. These programs may include Learn to Swim lessons, school swimming and carnivals, coaching, aquatic fitness programs and private hire. Please contact the centre so they can guide you with the best time to suit your needs.
Please be advised that the Learn to Swim or Program pools are not open to the public between the hours of 8.30am – 11am and 3pm – 5.30pm while Learn to Swim Lessons are on.
2022/2023 fees CASUAL 20 VISIT PASS 6 MONTH PASS 12 MONTH PASS Adult $4.90 $78.40 $190.00 $332.00 Concession $3.40 $54.40 $145.00 $231.00 Child (3-15yrs) $3.40 $54.40 $145.00 $231.00 Rehabilitation $3.40 $54.40 $145.00 $231.00 Family (2 adults + 3 children) $14.40 $230.40 $350.00 $559.00 Spectator and Carers FREE FREE FREE FREE Non Swimmer (using facilities) $2.00 N/A N/A N/A
- 50-metre solar heated pool
- 25-metre heated pool
- Indoor heated learn-to-swim pool (available at limited times for public walking and rehabilitation exercise)
- Children's play area with tipping bucket and play equipment
- Changing sheds and full amenities
- Outdoor showers
- Full canteen with swimwear and accessories
- Pool inflatable fun days (available at limited times)
- Cater for birthday parties (contact centre for details)
- Free BBQs and shaded picnic areas
Children under 5 Years
- Children under 5 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Adequate supervision requires the parent/guardian to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times.
- Children under 5 years – their parent will be required to wear a wrist band, this allows the parent to be easily identified when a small child is left unattended.
- Any child without a parent or guardian in the water with them will be removed from the water and the parent located.
Children 5-11 years old
- Children under 12 years old will not be admitted without an appropriate parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be 16 years and over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
- Children under 12 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian while in the Centre.
- The parent/guardian must position himself or herself to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child.
- Children 5-11 years old will be issued with a wristband upon entry. This wristband must be worn whilst in the Centre. Children participating in structured lessons/programs under the supervision of an instructor/coach will not be required to wear a wristband (unless swimming before or after their lesson).
Children 12 years and over
- For children 12 years and older, parents must use their knowledge of the child's swimming ability to determine the level of supervision required.
- Parent/guardians are not required to be present in the Centre.
Programs and activities
Learn to swim classes are available for all ages, swim club, masters, adult squads and general recreational swimming.
To enrol, please complete an enrolment form and return to the Maryborough Aquatic Centre.
One on one private lessons can be booked at any time. The class can be a one off class on a specific problem area or a series of lessons over a period of time.
We also offer special needs private lessons which run for 20 minutes.
Contact our staff for more information on 4121 5185.
Get your young ones involved in the Junior Lifeguard Program.
Students will learn about water safety, safe aquatic environments, complete quiz books, perform rescues and learn basic CPR and First Aid.
The course is held for 1 hour a day for five (5) days.
On the successful completion of the Junior Lifeguard Course each student will receive a Junior Lifeguard medallion.
Contact our staff for more information on 4121 5185.
The squad program involves 3 different formats -
- Recreational; and
All children coming from our ‘learn to swim’ program progress into our development squads and then later progression involves choosing whether you wish to swim recreationally or competitively.
Adult squads are also available.
If you are interested in joining our squad program, a free trial in our squad must be completed first then your level determined by our coach.
For further information, prices and squad training times contact us on 4121 5185
We have classes to suit any needs:
- Aqua aerobics
- Aqua bootcamp
- Aqua zumba
- Land classes
PLEASE NOTE: The 7am aqua aerobics is currently not offered due to a lack of instructors.
For more information contact the Maryborough Aquatic Centre on 4121 5185 or email email@example.com
The indoor heated program pool is for upright walking, rehabilitation exercises, learn to swim and school swimming programs.
Times advertised may change on short notice due to unforeseen circumstances (such as weather, school swimming program etc).
For available times please see program pool operating times (PDF)
Council inflatables operate at the Maryborough Aquatic Centre during the hotter months and during school holidays. Days and times of operation will be advised via their Facebook page - www.facebook.com/MaryboroughAquaticCentre
The use of the inflatables is weather dependent and cannot be used during storms or high winds.
The inflatables are free to use, just pay your entry to the Aquatic Centre.
Inflatable rules of play
25m Pool Inflatable
- You must be under 1.2m to go on the junior inflatable
- No swim test is required for the junior inflatable, however a parent/guardian must remain on the edge of the pool at all times (a lifeguard will be in the water with the children)
- Only two children at a time on the inflatable
50m Pool Inflatable
- A swim test is required for those going on the 50m inflatable – you must be able to swim to the middle of the pool in the deep end, raise one arm for assistance and return to the edge
- Only one person on the first half of the inflatable at a time
- Children who need buoyancy aids will not be permitted
- No sharp objects on inflatable (no buckles, jewellery, hair clips, keys or eyeglasses)
- No drink or food
- No pushing in line
- Exit to side of pool when you fall from inflatable, no swimming under the inflatable
- No bodily contact with other patrons
- No running, diving, flips or bombing
- Enter water feet first
- No footwear on inflatable
- Follow Lifeguard instructions at all times
For further information contact the Maryborough Aquatic Centre on (07) 4190 5875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org