The Maryborough Aquatic Centre is located on the corner of John and Kent Streets, Maryborough.
The complex boasts a 50-metre pool, 25-metre heated pool, hydrotheraphy pool, children's play area, changing sheds, toilets, kiosk, office and landscaping.
Phone: (07) 4121 5185 or email email@example.com
Monday: 5.30am to 7pm
Tuesday: 5.30am to 7pm
Wednesday: 5.30am to 7pm
Thursday: 5.30am to 6pm
Friday: 5.30am to 7pm
Saturday: 8am to 6pm (1 September to 30 April) and 8am to 12noon (1 May to 31 August)
Sunday: 9am to 6pm (1 September to 30 April) and 9am to 12noon (1 May to 31 August)
Public Holidays: 10am to 5pm (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
ANZAC Day - 1.30pm - 5pm
Some aquatic programs may reduce the accessibility of the pools at different times. These programs may include Learn to Swim lessons, school swimming and carnivals, coaching, aquatic fitness programs and private hire. Please contact the centre so they can guide you with the best time to suit your needs.
Please be advised that the Learn to Swim or Program pools are not open to the public between the hours of 8.30am – 11am and 3pm – 5.30pm while Learn to Swim Lessons are on.
|Family (2A + 3C)||Adult||Child (3 and over)||Pensioner/ |
|20 entry pass||$206.00||$72.00||$49.00||$49.00||$49.00|
|Season pass half year||$313.00||$174.50||$127.50||$127.50||$127.50|
|Season pass full year||$500.00||$305.00||$203.00||$203.00||$203.00|
- 50-metre solar heated pool
- 25-metre heated pool
- Indoor heated learn-to-swim pool (available at limited times for public walking and rehabilitation exercise)
- Children's play area with tipping bucket and play equipment
- Changing sheds and full amenities
- Outdoor showers
- Full canteen with swimwear and accessories
- Pool inflatable fun days (available at limited times)
- Cater for birthday parties (contact centre for details)
- Free BBQs and shaded picnic areas
Royal lifesaving watch around water program
Children under 5 Years
- Children under 5 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Adequate supervision requires the parent/guardian to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times.
- Children under 5 years – their parent will be required to wear a wrist band, this allows the parent to be easily identified when a small child is left unattended.
- Any child without a parent or guardian in the water with them will be removed from the water and the parent located.
Children 5-11 years old
- Children under 12 years old will not be admitted without an appropriate parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be 16 years and over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
- Children under 12 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian while in the Centre.
- The parent/guardian must position himself or herself to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child.
- Children 5-11 years old will be issued with a wristband upon entry. This wristband must be worn whilst in the Centre. Children participating in structured lessons/programs under the supervision of an instructor/coach will not be required to wear a wristband (unless swimming before or after their lesson).
Children 12 years and over
- For children 12 years and older, parents must use their knowledge of the child's swimming ability to determine the level of supervision required.
- Parent/guardians are not required to be present in the Centre.
Learn to swim
Learn to swim classes are available for all ages, swim club, masters, adult squads and general recreational swimming.
To enrol, please complete an enrolment form (PDF,96kB) and return to the Maryborough Aquatic Centre.
For fees and further information, see the learn to swim and squad brochure (PDF,578kB)
One on one lessons - for Adults and Children from beginners to Stroke Development
One on one private lessons can be booked at any time. Cost is $34.00 for 30 minutes and can be a one off class on a specific problem area or a series of lessons over a period of time.
We also offer special needs private lessons which run for 20 minutes for $19.50.
Contact our staff for more information on 4121 5185.
Junior lifeguard program
Get your young ones involved in the Junior Lifeguard Program.
Students will learn about water safety, safe aquatic environments, complete quiz books, perform rescues and learn basic CPR and First Aid.
The course is held for 1 hour a day for five (5) days. Cost of course is $65.50.
On the successful completion of the Junior Lifeguard Course each student will receive a Junior Lifeguard medallion.
Contact our staff for more information on 4121 5185.
The squad program involves 3 different formats -
- Recreational; and
All children coming from our ‘learn to swim’ program progress into our development squads and then later progression involves choosing whether you wish to swim recreationally or competitively.
Adult squads are also available.
If you are interested in joining our squad program, a free trial in our squad must be completed first then your level determined by our coach.
For further information, prices and squad training times, download the Information Brochure (PDF,472kB).
Aqua aerobics and group fitness
Indoor program pool
The indoor heated program pool is for upright walking, rehabilitation exercises, learn to swim and school swimming programs.
Times advertised may change on short notice due to unforeseen circumstances (such as weather, school swimming program etc).
For available times please see program pool operating times (PDF,472kB)