Youth week 2019 activities
Fraser Coast Regional Council recognises that young people make invaluable contributions to our region and play a vital role to community life.
Census data from 2011 indicates that there were approximately 16,500 young people between the ages of 12 and 25 living in the Fraser Coast region, representing over 17 per cent of the total population.
To support our young people Council is committed to working in partnership with youth and community organisations to provide strategic advice and capacity building that encourages young people's participation in the community.
Young people make significant contributions to our region through numerous areas, from performing arts, culture, sport, business and science to community and civic duties.
Council actively supports youth involvement in civic life through the Fraser Coast Youth Ambassadors and also supports the recognition of youth achievements through the Youth Mayoral Congratulatory Letter.
The Youth and Community Development Team also facilitated the following initiatives
- Youth and Community Development Grants
- Little Lime Book publication
- Fraser Coast Ambassadors
- Fraser Coast Mayoral Youth Brunch
- Fraser Coast Youth Leadership Forum
- Fraser Coast School Leavers Manual
- Youth Strategy 2015 - 2019 coordination
- Seniors Mayoral Morning Tea facilitation
- Annual Disability Achievements Awards
- Fraser Coast Community Services Expo
- Fraser Coast Volunteers Expo
- NAIDCOC flag-raising events
- Administration of the Youth Mayoral Congratulatory Letter
- Administration of the Volunteer Achievement Letter
The youth and community development team makes a significant contribution to the resilience, wellbeing and spirit of communities on the Fraser Coast by working with community leaders to strategically plan, develop and strengthen community partnerships and investment.
For further information, please contact Youth and Community Development Officer on phone 1300 79 49 29.
The Fraser Coast Regional Council Youth and Community Development team acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the original inhabitants of Australia.
We pay our respect to the Elders of this land; past, present and future.