Parks and gardens
The Fraser Coast has two botanic gardens - one among the oldest in Australia, while the other grows out of 6,000 year old sand dunes and 80 other parks, gardens, playgrounds and recreational areas.
Bookings are not required for parties in parks unless there is a jumping castle or it is for a wedding.
Please contact our parks department to confirm availability of that area to ensure no other bookings have been made.
You can make application to book the Orchid House or a Council park or reserve for a wedding.
The booking fee for a Council park or reserve is $73.80. The Botanic Gardens is $73.80 and $105.00 for the Orchid House.
Below is an application form which needs to be submitted with payment.
Please note that all bookings are subject to availability.
- Hervey Bay Orchid House
- Hervey Bay parks and gardens
- Maryborough parks and gardens
- Tiaro, Woocoo and surrounds parks and gardens
- eBooking - Event Activity Form - Operation of Temporary Entertainment Event (PDF127kB
- Parklands and reserve small events - conditions of hire
- Booking Application for Botanic Gardens
- Botanic Gardens and Orchid House information brochure (PDF,7.6MB)
- Wook-Koo Park and Story Walk information brochure (PDF,6.6MB)
- Application for licence to occupy Council park / reserve (PDF,131kB)
- Fact sheet - street trees (PDF,2.1MB)
- Application to plant street trees on Council controlled land (PDF,2.2MB)
If you would like more information about Council's parks and gardens, please call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 79 49 29.