Local Heritage Register
Council has adopted a Local Heritage Register in accordance with the requirements and processes stipulated in the Queensland Heritage Act 1992 on 6 April 2011.
The Local Heritage Register is progressively updated to add, remove and amend details for places of significance.
The Local Heritage Register was last updated to reflect amendment 01.2013, adopted by Council on 18 December 2013; amendment 01.2014, adopted by Council on 14 July 2014 and amendment 02.2014, adopted by Council on 30 July 2014.
The register currently has a total of 150 places of significance and reflects aspects of local and regional cultural history.
It incudes a variety of structures, archaeological and industrial sites, monuments and iconic buildings.
- Local Heritage Register placecards
- Guidelines for Nominations for,inclusion in, removal from, or alteration of the Fraser Coast Local Heritage Register
- Local Heritage Register inventory list (PDF,1.2MB)
- Fact sheet - What is the Local Heritage Register? (PDF,843kB)
- Fact sheet - Frequently asked questions (PDF,502kB)
- Fact sheet - Process for lodging a submission (PDF,1.3MB)
- Fact sheet - Incentives (PDF,218kB)
- Types of heritage places (PDF,993kB)
If you would like further information, please contact Council's Duty Planner Monday to Friday on 1300 79 49 29.