Fraser Coast Planning Scheme
The Fraser Coast Planning Scheme and its planning scheme policies were adopted by Council on Wednesday, 22 January 2014, formally gazetted on the 24 January 2014 and officially commenced on the 28 January 2014.
The Fraser Coast Planning Scheme 2014 has replaced the existing Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Tiaro and Woocoo planning schemes.
This new planning scheme is the official document for planning and development for the Fraser Coast Region.
View Fraser Coast Planning Scheme
Adoption of amendments to the Fraser Coast Planning Scheme 2014 Minor and Major Amendment Package 3
Notice is hereby given under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 that on 27 July 2016, Fraser Coast Regional Council resolved to adopt minor and major amendments to the Fraser Coast Planning Scheme 2014.
For more details click here.
Adoption of amendments to the Fraser Coast Planning Scheme 2014 Minor Amendment Package 4 and Major Amendment Package 2
Notice is hereby given under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 that on 10 February 2016, Fraser Coast Regional Council resolved to adopt major and minor amendments to the Fraser Coast Planning Scheme 2014.
The Fraser Coast Planning Scheme 2014 amendments will have effect on and from Friday 4 March 2016.
The purpose and general effect of the major amendments are listed below:
- Part 1 correction of typographical errors;
- Update Part 5 Table of Contents;
- Amend Table 5.5.18 and Table 5.8.1 to include revised levels of assessment for Uses in the Urangan Harbour Master Plan Area;
- Update Part 6 Table of Contents;
- Amend Mixed use zone code to incorporate new Performance Outcomes and Acceptable Outcomes for Precinct MU1 (Urangan Harbour) and include Figure 6.2.18A Urangan Harbour Master Plan, Figure 6.2.18B Urangan Harbour Master Plan Building Heights, Table 602018.3.2 Urangan Harbour Master Plan Sub-Precinct Design and Land Use Intent;
- Consequential amendments to Mixed use zone code including updated numbering and correction of typos;
- Amend 9.3.1 Business uses code AO13 to include Table titles;
- Update Part 9 Table of Contents;
- Amend 9.3.7 Home based business code to include provisions for small scale commercial activities;
- Amend 9.3.8 Industry uses code AO8 to include table titles;
- Amend 9.3.10 Multi-unit residential uses code AO19 to include table titles, correct a typo in PO23 and remove reference to Charlton in AO8;
- Amend 9.3.13 Residential care facility and retirement facility code PO14 to correct a typo;
- Amend 9.3.14 Rural uses code AO12 to include table titles;
- Amend 9.4.3 Reconfiguring a lot code AO14 to include table titles and correct a typo in PO19;
- Amend 9.4.4 Transport and parking code Table 22.214.171.124.4 Minimum on-site parking requirements;
- Amend 9.4.6 Works, services and infrastructure code Table 126.96.36.199.4 AO1 to include table titles;
- Correct Schedule 1 typo in Rooming Accommodation definition;
- Amend SC1.4 Administrative definitions to include a definition for “Bedroom" and amend numbering;
- Update Schedule 2.1 Map index to include the Mixed Use Zone Precinct MU1 Sub-Precinct Map ZPM-001;
- Include the Mixed Use Zone Precinct MU1 Sub-Precinct Map ZPM-001 in SC2.2 Zone Maps;
- Amend Schedule 6 Table of Contents;
- Update SC6.1 Planning Scheme Policy Index;
- Include SC6.6 Planning Scheme Policy for the Urangan Harbour Master Plan;
- Update consolidated Table of Contents;
- Amendment to Schedule 2 – Zone Maps:
- Rezone Lots 8, 9, 10 and 11 on RP700096 from Sport and Recreation Zone to Low Density Residential Zone;
- Rezone Lot 2 on RP159084 from Rural Zone to Sport and Recreation Zone;
- Including the entire Urangan Boat Harbour Master Plan area within the “Mixed Use Zone”; and
- Introduce ZPM-001 Mixed use zone precinct MU1 sub-precinct map into Schedule 2;
- Amend 9.3.11 Nature based tourism code PO3 to remove reference to superseded SPP terminology.
The purpose and general effect of the minor amendments are listed below:
- Amendments to Schedule 2 – Zone Maps:
- Rezone Lots 1-41 on SP276110 from Emerging community zone to Low-density residential zone; and
- Rezone part of Lot 3 on SP257055 from Emerging community to Medium density residential.
- Amendments to Schedule 2 – Overlay Maps:
- Biodiversity areas, waterways and wetlands overlay map;
- Bushfire hazard overlay map;
- Coastal protection overlay map;
- Infrastructure overlay map;
- Flood hazard overlay map; and
- Heritage and neighbourhood character overlay map.
- Update SC2.1 Map Index.
Copies of the Planning Scheme (Version 6) and the amendments are available for inspection and purchase at the Council Administration Centres at 77 Tavistock Street, Hervey Bay and 431-433 Kent Street, Maryborough, from 4 March 2016.
Copies of the Planning Scheme amendments are also available for inspection at the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning in the Planning Information Area, 63 George Street, Brisbane from 4 March 2016.
Notice of adoption of regulated charges for the Fraser Coast Regional Council
Notice is given pursuant to section 630 of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (SPA), that on 2 December 2015, Fraser Coast Regional Council (FCRC) resolved to adopt an updated regulated infrastructure charges resolution in accordance with State Planning Regulatory Provisions (Adopted Charges), and to align with the Sustainable Planning (Infrastructure Charges) and other Legislation Amendment Bill 2014.
The regulated infrastructure charges resolution will be applicable to the Fraser Coast Planning Scheme 2014.
This resolution will take effect on and from 14 December 2015. Phone enquiries in relation to the resolution may be directed to Jamie Cockburn on 1300 79 49 29. From 14 December 2015, a copy of the resolution will be available at Council’s Customer Service Centres in Hervey Bay and Maryborough.
The Fraser Coast Planning Scheme 2014 can be viewed on PD Online.
A copy of the planning scheme minor amendments is also available for inspection at the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning in the Planning Information Area, 63 George Street, Brisbane from Monday 26 October 2015.
- Adopted Infrastructure Charges resolution (PDF,275kB)
- Infrastructure Charges Incentives Policy 2016-2017 (PDF,928kB)