The Electoral Commission Queensland is responsible for the Local Government Quadrennial Elections.
Click here for information on polling pools, pre-polling locations and divisions or phone
1300 881 665.
For localities and postcodes for your council electorate click here
For an interactive map to find your local council electorate click here
Polling Results - 2016
Council election schedule
Saturday 19 March, 2016 was polling day. Polling booths were open from 8am-6pm.
It is compulsory for all enrolled electors to vote in this election.
You can check or update your enrolment details on the Electoral Commission Queensland website.
- Notice of Election - Saturday, 6 February 2016
- Close of Rolls - 5pm, Friday, 12 February 2016
- Close of Nominations - 12 noon, Tuesday, 16 February 2016
- Pre-Poll (In Person) begins - Monday, 7 March 2016
- Postal Vote Applications close - 7pm, Wednesday, 16 March 2016
- Pre-Poll (In Person) closes - 6pm, Friday, 18 March 2016
- Polling Day - Saturday, 19 March 2016 (8am-6pm)
- Cut off for Return of Postal Ballot Papers - Tuesday, 29 March 2016
Local government elections are held every four years.
The last Fraser Coast Regional Council election was held on 28 April 2012.
Last updated 21/03/2016