Equal employment opportunity
Council is committed to achieving the following equal employment opportunity objectives:
- A workplace that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- Workplace rules, policies, practices and behaviours that are fair and do not disadvantage people because they belong to particular groups.
- All workers are valued and respected and have opportunities to develop their full potential and pursue a career path of their choice.
- A diverse and skilled workforce which displays fair workplace practices and behaviours.
Equal employment opportunity groups are people affected by past or continuing disadvantage or discrimination in employment such as:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people
- persons from a non-English speaking background
- persons with a disability
Bronze Award for gender equity
Council has received a Bronze Award in the Australian Local Government Women's Association (ALGWA) 50:50 Vision - Councils for Gender Equity Program.
The program is designed to bring about cultural and organisational change in Councils, increase the number of women in senior management roles, and increase the representation of women on Councils.