Temporary boat ramp closure
Torquay Boat Ramp adjacent to the Hervey Bay Sailing Club will be closed temporarily for the removal of existing structures and replace with a new structure.
The closure will be in place from Friday, 17 March 2017 for approximate six weeks, weather permitting.
Alternative boat ramp facilities are available at Scarness, adjacent to the Maryborough Sailing Club.
The work is now finished and the rehabilitation work has started so ramp is anticipated to be closed until the end of July, weather permitting.
Boat ramp locations
Council maintains a number of boat ramp facilities across the Fraser Coast.
To view all boat ramps on the Fraser Coast click here.
- Petrie Park
Maryborough and surrounds
- Granville, Raglan Street
- Lamington Bridge, South Street
- Beaver Rock, approx 17km from Maryborough along Beaver Rock Road
- Yengarie, Pleasant View Road
- Tinnanbar, Boat Ramp Drive
- Tuan, Tuan Esplanade
- Maaroom, end of Granville Road
- Boonooroo, adjacent to Bates Street
- Poona, Owen Cox Street adjacent to the Caravan Park
A public jetty is located on the Mary River adjacent to Wharf Street near the end of March Street. This jetty is currently closed due to the construction of a new jetty.
For more on the new jetty cilck here.
Hervey Bay and surrounds
- Point Vernon, Gatakers Bay
- Point Vernon, Gables
- Scarness, Foreshore
- Torquay, Foreshore (temporary closure)
- Urangan Boat Harbour
- River Heads, Barge Ramp (no public access)
- River Heads, North Ramp
- River Heads, South Ramp
- Caravan Park (limited access)
- Burrum Heads Road
- Ross Street
- Lions Park
- Wals Camp
- Powerhouse Road
- Toogoom Road, Beelbi Creek