Council operates and maintains the following cemeteries:
- Howard Cemetery (PDF,137kB) (includes Columbarium and Lawn sections) - Cemetery Road, Howard
- Polson Cemetery and Columbarium (PDF,843kB) (includes the South Sea Islander Memorial and Cemetery) - Corser Street, Point Vernon
- Tiaro Cemetery and Columbarium (PDF,215kB) - Bruce Highway, Tiaro
- Munna Creek Cemetery - Bauple-Woolooga Road, Munna Creek
- Deborah Cemetery - Deborah Road, Deborah (special circumstances only)
- Nikenbah Cemetery - Aalborg Road, Nikenbah (special circumstances only)
Cemeteries Online allows you to view cemetery information for the Fraser Coast.
The information provided covers a period of over 150 years.
All cemetery interments involve either a purchase cost of a grave, the cost of a reservation of a grave, the purchase of a garden or wall niche, or the reservation of a garden or wall niche.
An application fee is also charged for the erection of a monument or structure or the installation of a plaque.
Installation of new plaques or monuments
Council approval is required for the installation of new plaques or monuments.
A notice of intent form (PDF,532kB) must be completed and sent to the Cemetery Office at least 48 hours prior to the proposed construction commencement date.
Council has developed a Burial Rights Policy (PDF,140kB) to define who the burial rights are granted to and who holds the right to nominate persons whose bodies or ashes may be interred in a Council administered grave or niche and the right to install monuments or plaques on a grave.
Funeral Directors are responsibile for booking a funeral with Council.
For more information on booking a funeral please read the information sheet (PDF,115kB) provided.
An interment booking form (PDF,157kB) is available only for Funeral Directors.
If you have any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org