Council operates and maintains the following cemeteries:
- Howard Cemetery (PDF,137kB) (includes Columbarium and Lawn sections) - Cemetery Road, Howard
- Polson Cemetery and Columbarium (PDF,843kB) (includes the South Sea Islander Memorial and Cemetery) - Corser Street, Point Vernon
- Tiaro Cemetery and Columbarium (PDF,215kB) - Bruce Highway, Tiaro
- Munna Creek Cemetery - Bauple-Woolooga Road, Munna Creek
- Deborah Cemetery - Deborah Road, Deborah (special circumstances only)
- Nikenbah Cemetery - Aalborg Road, Nikenbah (special circumstances only)
Cemeteries Online allows you to view cemetery information for the Fraser Coast.
The information provided covers a period of over 150 years.
All cemetery interments involve either a purchase cost of a grave, the cost of a reservation of a grave, the purchase of a garden or wall niche, or the reservation of a garden or wall niche.
An application fee is also charged for the erection of a monument or structure or the installation of a plaque.
- Burial application (PDF,127kB)
- Burial rights holder application details (PDF,123kB)
- Funeral booking (PDF,17kB)
Installation of new plaques or monuments
Council approval is required for the installation of new plaques or monuments.
A notice of intent form (PDF,675kB) must be completed and sent to the Cemetery Office at least 48 hours prior to the proposed construction commencement date.
If you have any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org