Boat ramp cleaning and inspections
Servicing of the boating facility will be undertaken as near to low tide as is practicable on the shown date for scheduled boat ramp cleaning and inspections.
During this time the ramp may be partially or fully closed and some delays may be experienced.
It is sometimes necessary for this schedule to be altered; therefore, the dates shown may be subject to change.
2023 BOAT RAMP CLOSURE AND WORKS SCHEDULE
Boat ramp, floating walkway and pontoon locations
23 boat ramps and two public floating pontoons in our salt and fresh waterways throughout the Fraser Coast region.
Council-managed boat ramps are for recreational use by trailerable vessels and have a load limit of five tonnes, unless otherwise signed.
Council also manages two public floating pontoons:
- Mary River, near March Street, Maryborough, is intended to accommodate recreational vessels up to a maximum of 50 tonnes, 30m long, a 7.5m beam, a 1.5m draft and with a 1.2m fully laden freeboard. A maximum berthing time of 30 minutes applies to the outer face of the pontoon; however, there are no time restrictions for tenders berthing on the inner/landward face of the pontoon. A water supply and CCTV installation has occurred since opening.
- Burrum River, west of Ross Street, Burrum Heads, is intended to
accommodate recreational vessels up to a maximum of 30m long, a 7.5m beam, displacement of 30 tonnes (on outer face), and recreational vessels up to a maximum of 8m long, a 3.4m beam, displacement of 5 tonnes (on inner face). A maximum berthing time of 30 minutes applies to the outer face of the pontoon; however, there are no time restrictions for tenders berthing on the inner/landward face of the pontoon; Water supply is available.
Commercial users are only able to use the public boat ramps or pontoons, where permitted.
All commercial enquiries should be submitted to Council via email@example.com
View Maritime Safety QLD website here.
- Boat ramp - Petrie Park
Maryborough and surrounds
- Boat ramp - Granville, Raglan Street
- Boat ramp and floating walkway - Lamington Bridge, South Street
- Boat ramp - Beaver Rock, approx 17km from Maryborough along Beaver Rock Road
- Boat ramp - Yengarie, Pleasant View Road
- Boat ramp - Tinnanbar, Boat Ramp Drive
- Boat ramp and floating walkway - Tuan, Tuan Esplanade
- Boat ramp and floating walkway - Maaroom, end of Granville Road
- Boat ramp - Boonooroo, adjacent to Bates Street
- Boat ramp - Poona, Owen Cox Street adjacent to the Caravan Park
- Floating pontoon - March Street
Hervey Bay and surrounds
- Boat ramp - Point Vernon, Gatakers Bay
- Boat ramp - Point Vernon, Gables
- Boat ramp - Scarness, Foreshore
- Boat ramp - Torquay, Foreshore
- Urangan Boat Harbour (Managed bythe Department of Transport and Main Roads)
- River Heads, Barge Ramp (no public access)
- Boat ramp - River Heads, North ramp
- Boat ramp and floating walkway - River Heads, South ramp
- Boat ramp - Caravan Park (limited access)
- Boat ramp - Burrum Heads Road
- Boat ramp - Ross Street
- Floating pontoon - west of Ross Street
- Boat ramp and floating walkway - Lions Park
- Boat ramp - Pacific Haven - Walls Camp Road
- Boat ramp - Powerhouse Road
- Boat ramp - Toogoom Road, Beelbi Creek