Council is always looking for ways to improve engagement, productivity and efficiency within Council and TRAITS is an acronym for the Values we consider to be integral to the way we go about our work and serve our community. These values are Trust, Respect, Accountability, Initiative, Teamwork and Service.
Each value embodies a set of vital behaviours:
- We do what we say we are going to do;
- We are open and honest with each other; and
- We treat each other fairly.
- We treat each other like we would want to be treated;
- We listen before we talk; and
- We seek and value the contribution of others.
- We take responsibility for our own actions and performance;
- We hold each other accountable; and
- We admit mistakes and put things right.
- We look to make things better;
- We encourage new ideas; and
- We empower people to make decisions.
- We work openly and share information;
- We rely and depend on each other; and
- We support each other.
- We work safely;
- We make our customers the focus of everything we do; and
- We provide fair, flexible, innovative and reliable service.
Last updated 06/10/2017