- Council’s Ordinary Meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of every month from 10am.
- A Special Meeting can be called by Council if there is urgent business which cannot be delayed until the next available Ordinary Meeting.
- Special Meetings may only deal with the business for which the meeting was called, and must be publicly advertised.
To allow members of the public an opportunity to address Council on matters of concern, Community Presentations is available between 9am and 9.30am before the Ordinary Council Meeting.
Presentation will be limited to 3 minutes each, for up to 10 people.
Please read the Community Presentations to Councillors Council Policy to ensure that your adhere to the protocols for the presentation.
Potential presenters must nominate at least 3 business days before the Ordinary Council Meeting by:
- filling in the online form by clicking here,
- contacting Customer Service on 1300 79 49 29 or
- attending any Council Customer Service Centre
Successful presenters will be notified of their presentation time 1 business day after the close of nominations. It is important to supply an email address to assist in prompt notification of time.
For further information about the process, contact Customer Service on 1300 79 49 29.
What is a Council petition?
- A Council petition is a formal written request, signed by a minimum of 10 petitioners.
- A petition is most frequently used to request a specific action from Council on a particular matter or to express support or objection to Council about a particular decision or issue.
Rules for petitions:
In accordance with Fraser Coast Regional Council's Meeting Procedures and Standing Orders for Council Meetings and Standing Committees, any petition presented to a meeting of Council shall:
- Be in legible writing or typewritten and contain a minimum of ten signatures;
- Include the name and contact details for the principal petitioner (i.e., one person who is the organizer and who will act as the key contact for the issue);
- Include the postcode of all petitioners; and
- Have the details of the specific request/matter appearing on each page of the petition.
How do I submit a petition to Council?
To submit a petition with Council on a particular matter, it is recommended that you use the Petition lodgement form.
The petition lodgement form indicates what you need to fill out before you submit it to Council.
Once the petition has been finalised, you can choose one of the following options to submit to Council:
- Attend any of Council’s customer service centres and submit the petition over the counter.
- Send the petition via post to PO Box 1943 HERVEY BAY QLD 4655
- Give the petition to your local Divisional Councillor.
- Send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information in relation to Petitions please see the Petition Fact Sheet.
Council's Ordinary Meetings are live streamed and can be viewed on Council's YouTube channel.
Subscribe to Council's YouTube channel and receive notifications when the live streaming starts.
Ordinary Meeting Schedule
|19 January 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 1/22||
(Please note that in accordance with Section 277 (b) of the Local Government Regulation 2012, the Ordinary Council Meeting No.1/22 was held via Audio Visual Link – Microsoft Teams)
Maryborough, City Hall
|23 February 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 2/22||
(Please note that in accordance with Section 277 (b) of the Local Government Regulation 2012, the Ordinary Council Meeting No.2/22 was held via Audio Visual Link – Microsoft Teams)
Hervey Bay, Chambers
|23 March 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 3/22||Maryborough, City Hall|
|27 April 2022||Ordinary meeting No 4/22||Hervey Bay, Chambers|
|25 May 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 5/22||Maryborough, City Hall|
|15 June 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 6/22||Hervey Bay, Chambers|
|27 July 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 7/22||Toogoom Community Hall|
|24 August 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 8/22||Hervey Bay, Chambers|
|28 September 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 9/22||River Heads Community Hall|
|26 October 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 10/22||Hervey Bay, Chambers|
|23 November 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 11/22||Maryborough, City Hall|
|14 December 2022||Ordinary meeting No. 12/22||Hervey Bay, Chambers|
Agendas and Minutes