Recycling Sheds and Tip Shops
Anything that can be re-used, re-purposed or recycled can be dropped off for free at the recycling shed in any of our waste facilities.
Items such as furniture, electrical appliances, hosehold items, sporting equipment, tools, e-waste and building materials can be salvaged and resold through our tip shops.
Taking a little extra time to sort your load before leaving home can save time and money. Drop your re-useable and recyclable items to the recycle shed located within the waste facility.
- Sorting your load will make disposal of different materials easy.
- If a load is not sorted, it can be difficult to see what type of materials are in the load meaning in some cases, you may be charged an incorrect price at the gate.
- Sorting your load can save you money.
It's as simple as:
- Grouping reusable items together (furniture, mowers, bikes, etc).
- Keeping recyclables together and flattening any large cardboard boxes.
- Sorting bricks and rubble together.
- Separating timber, metals, electronic waste, paint, oils and green waste from general rubbish.
How much of your next load could be reused?
Items ideal for the tip shop
- Building materials ie. bathtubs, sinks, bricks, pavers and tiles;
- Clothing in good condition ie.no stains or tears;
- Crockery kitchen goods and bric a brac;
- Children's toys and bicycles;
- Fish tanks;
- Furniture of good quality and condition;
- Gardening equipment ie. lawnmower;
- Sporting equipment;
- White and electrical goods in good condition ie. fridges, televisions, computers and accessories, laptops, iPads/tablets and mobile phones.
These items can be dropped at our recycle sheds for free.
Item Conditions Locations Batteries car, boat, ride-on, phone, laptop, power tools (non household) all facilities Oil/chemicals up to 20L all facilities except Aramara and Burrum Heads Paint up to 20L Only Nikenbah and Maryborough facilities Polystyrene up to 1m3 all facilities Mixed household recycling glass bottles and jars, plastic bottles and jars, steel and aluminium cans and containers, clean paper and cardboard all facilities Gas bottles Empty -under 9kg all facilities Rims only - no tyre attached all facilities Electrical toasters, kettles, irons etc all facilities Electronic computers, laptops, TVs, stereos, mobile phones all facilities Furniture bed frames, tables, lounges, chairs all facilities Gardening items/sporting goods mowers, bikes, tools all facilities Steel and metals lengths, fencing, drums (empty), rims all facilities Whitegoods Must be de-gassed all facilities
Items such as tyres, matresses, gassed fridges and air conditioners and gas bottles (over 9kg) will incure charges.
The Queensland Government's waste levy aims to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and encourage waste avoidance. To find out more information click here.
If you take the time to sort your load, you can avoid unnecessary charges as reusable, recyclable and green waste items can be disposed of for free at Council’s waste facilities.
Reuse and Recycle Maryborough: located at the Saltwater Creek Road landfill site.
Open Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from 8am to 4pm
Reuse and Recycle Hervey Bay: located at the Nikenbah waste facility, Aarlborg Road.
Open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8am to 4pm
Public Holidays: close at 12 midday on Boxing Day/New Year's Day and closed all day Good Friday and Anzac Day.
Visit the Reuse and Recycle website for more information.