Monday: 5.30am to 7pm
Tuesday: 5.30am to 6pm
Wednesday: 5.30am to 7pm
Thursday: 5.30am to 7pm
Friday: 5.30am to 7pm
Saturday: 8am to 6pm (1 September to 30 April) and 8am to 12noon (1 May to 31 August)
Sunday: 9am to 6pm (1 September to 30 April) and 9am to 12noon (1 May to 31 August)
Public Holidays: 10am to 5pm (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
ANZAC Day - 1.30pm - 5pm
Open hours for the indoor heated learn-to-swim pool may vary depending on programs that are running at the time.
Some aquatic programs may reduce the accessibility of the pools at different times. These programs may include Learn to Swim lessons, school swimming and carnivals, coaching, aquatic fitness programs and private hire. Please contact the centre so they can guide you with the best time to suit your needs.
Please be advised that the Learn to Swim or Program pools are not open to the public between the hours of 8.30am – 11am and 3pm – 5.30pm while Learn to Swim Lessons are on.
|Family (2A + 3C)||Adult||Child (3 and over)||Pensioner/ |
|20 entry pass||$206.00||$72.00||$49.00||$49.00||$49.00|
|Season pass half year||$313.00||$174.50||$127.50||$127.50||$127.50|
|Season pass full year||$500.00||$305.00||$203.00||$203.00||$203.00|
- 8 lane 50 metre pool
- undercover 8 lane
- 25 metre heated pool, with ramp access and rehabilitation lane
- heated indoor learn-to-swim pool (available at limited times for public water walking and rehabilitation exercise)
- children's leisure pool with water slides
- tipping bucket and play equipment
- bbqs and shaded picnic areas
- full canteen with swimwear and accessories shop
- pool inflatables (available at limited times)
Royal lifesaving watch around water program
Children under 5 Years
- Children under 5 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Adequate supervision requires the parent/guardian to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times.
- Children under 5 years – their parent will be required to wear a wrist band, this allows the parent to be easily identified when a small child is left unattended.
- Any child without a parent or guardian in the water with them will be removed from the water and the parent located.
Children 5-11 years old
- Children under 12 years old will not be admitted without an appropriate parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be 16 years and over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
- Children under 12 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian while in the Centre.
- The parent/guardian must position himself or herself to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child.
- Children 5-11 years old will be issued with a wristband upon entry. This wristband must be worn whilst in the Centre. Children participating in structured lessons/programs under the supervision of an instructor/coach will not be required to wear a wristband (unless swimming before or after their lesson).
Children 12 years and over
- For children 12 years and older, parents must use their knowledge of the child's swimming ability to determine the level of supervision required.
- Parent/guardians are not required to be present in the Centre.
Learn to swim
We have the following sessions available:
- Junior and Senior Competitive
- Recreational and developments squads
- Adult training for water fitness
- Masters Swimmers
- Open water training
- Triathlon and stroke development
Aqua aerobics and group fitness classes
Indoor program Pool
The indoor program pool has a temperature of between 33-34 degrees and is for walking and upright exercise only. No lap swimming or public playing is allowed.
Available to the public
- Monday - Thursday 11am to 3pm
- Friday 12.30pm to 3pm
- Saturday 11am to 5pm - please note the pool will be closed from 1 May - 30 September
Sunday 9.30am - 5pm - please note times will change from 1 May – 30 October to 9.30am - 11.30am
Please be aware that times may vary if we have particular programs running in this pool.
For further information, contact the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on 4125 9722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Inflatable fun days
The inflatable will operate every Saturday of the school holidays, excluding public holidays, between 11am – 2.30pm.
Conditions of use:
- Children must be able to swim more than 5m in very deep water. Children will be water tested and given a band to indicate ok to ride the inflatable.
- If anyone swims under the inflatable they will be banned from the inflatable for the day and no refund given.
- Sensible behaviour is to be used at all times. Pool rules are to be followed.
- Users must listen to the lifeguard’s instructions. Negative behaviour can lead to being removed from using the inflatable for the day.
- No footwear is to be worn on the inflatable
- Adults cannot carry their children on the inflatable. Children who need buoyancy vests or arm floats are not permitted on the inflatable.
- Swimming is not permitted in the inflatable setup area.
- Have lots of fun!
For further information , contact the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on 4125 9722 or email email@example.com