Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre
- Monday: 5.30am to 7pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am to 6pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am to 7pm
- Thursday: 5.30am to 7pm
- Friday: 5.30am to 7pm
- Saturday: 8am to 6pm
- Sunday: 9am to 6pm
- Public Holidays: 10am to 5pm (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
- ANZAC Day - 1.30pm - 5pm
**Centre closes at 12 noon on Christmas Eve and 4pm on New Year's Eve.**
Open hours for the indoor heated learn-to-swim pool may vary depending on programs that are running at the time.
Some aquatic programs may reduce the accessibility of the pools at different times. These programs may include Learn to Swim lessons, school swimming and carnivals, coaching, aquatic fitness programs and private hire. Please contact the centre so they can guide you with the best time to suit your needs.
Please be advised that the Learn to Swim or Program pools are not open to the public between the hours of 8.30am – 11am and 3pm – 5.30pm while Learn to Swim Lessons are on.
2022/2023 fees CASUAL 20 VISIT PASS 6 MONTH PASS 12 MONTH PASS Adult $4.90 $78.40 $190.00 $332.00 Concession $3.40 $54.40 $145.00 $231.00 Child (3-15yrs) $3.40 $54.40 $145.00 $231.00 Rehabilitation $3.40 $54.40 $145.00 $231.00 Family (2 adults + 3 children) $14.40 $230.40 $350.00 $559.00 Spectator and Carers FREE FREE FREE FREE Non Swimmer (using facilities) $2.00 N/A N/A N/A
- 8 lane 50 metre pool
- undercover 8 lane
- 25 metre heated pool, with ramp access and rehabilitation lane
- heated indoor learn-to-swim pool (available at limited times for public water walking and rehabilitation exercise)
- tipping bucket and play equipment
- BBQs and shaded picnic areas
- full canteen with swimwear and accessories shop
- pool inflatables (available at limited times)
Children under 5 Years
- Children under 5 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Adequate supervision requires the parent/guardian to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times.
- Children under 5 years – their parent will be required to wear a wrist band, this allows the parent to be easily identified when a small child is left unattended.
- Any child without a parent or guardian in the water with them will be removed from the water and the parent located.
Children 5-11 years old
- Children under 12 years old will not be admitted without an appropriate parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be 16 years and over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
- Children under 12 years old must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian while in the Centre.
- The parent/guardian must position himself or herself to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child.
- Children 5-11 years old will be issued with a wristband upon entry. This wristband must be worn whilst in the Centre. Children participating in structured lessons/programs under the supervision of an instructor/coach will not be required to wear a wristband (unless swimming before or after their lesson).
Children 12 years and over
- For children 12 years and older, parents must use their knowledge of the child's swimming ability to determine the level of supervision required.
- Parent/guardians are not required to be present in the Centre.
Programs and activities
We have the following sessions available:
- Junior and Senior Competitive
- Recreational and developments squads
- Adult training for water fitness
- Masters Swimmers
- Open water training
- Triathlon and stroke development
For more information contact the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on (07) 4197 4703 or email email@example.com
The indoor program pool has a temperature of between 33-34 degrees and is for walking and upright exercise only. No lap swimming or public playing is allowed.
Available to the public
- Monday - Friday 11am to 3pm
- Saturday 11am to 5pm – please note the pool will be closed when the centre has reduced hours
- Sunday 9.30am – 5pm – please note the pool will only be available from 9.30am – 11.30am when the centre has reduced hours
Please be aware that times may vary if we have particular programs running in this pool.
For further information, contact the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on (07) 4197 4703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Council inflatables operate at the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on Saturdays during the hotter months, and on Tuesdays and Saturdays during school holidays.
The junior and 50m inflatables operate at the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on Saturdays during the hotter months and the 50m inflatable available on Tuesdays and Saturdays during the summer school holidays.
The use of the larger outside inflatable is weather dependent. It cannot be used during storms or high winds.
The inflatables are free to use, just pay your entry to the Aquatic Centre.
Inflatable rules of play
25m Pool Inflatable
- You must be under 1.2m to go on the junior inflatable
- No swim test is required for the junior inflatable, however a parent/guardian must remain on the edge of the pool at all times (a lifeguard will be in the water with the children)
- Only two children at a time on the inflatable
50m Pool Inflatable
- A swim test is required for those going on the 50m inflatable – you must be able to swim to the middle of the pool in the deep end, raise one arm for assistance and return to the edge
- Only one person on the first half of the inflatable at a time
- Children who need buoyancy aids will not be permitted
- No sharp objects on inflatable (no buckles, jewellery, hair clips, keys or eyeglasses)
- No drink or food
- No pushing in line
- Exit to side of pool when you fall from inflatable, no swimming under the inflatable
- No bodily contact with other patrons
- No running, diving, flips or bombing
- Enter water feet first
- No footwear on inflatable
- Follow Lifeguard instructions at all times
For further information contact the Hervey Bay Aquatic Centre on (07) 4197 4703 or email email@example.com