Employee wellness program
The Employee Wellbeing Program provides the foundation for developing activities and modifying work environments, policies and practices that support the health and wellbeing for all employees.
This facilitates organisational changes such as:
- Increased on-the-job productivity
- Decreased workforce absenteeism
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Improved recruitment and retention
- Improved employee engagement
- Reduced workers compensation costs
Corporate health scheme
Council offers the following corporate health options to staff.
Quit smoking program
As part of the 'Queensland Workplaces for Wellness' initiative, national workplaces were identified to have a large portion of outdoor workers who smoke.
The workplace Quit Smoking Program is a structured staff program involving regular telephone counselling from the Quitline - 13 QUIT - combined with nicotine replacement therapy products.