Council may issue an infringement notice for non-compliance with Council's local laws and State laws.
Infringements can relate to:
- Parks and reserves
Local and State Laws are in place to maintain public order and safety.
Paying an infringement
The following options are available for 28 days after the date of issue of the notice.
Option 1 - Pay in full (all offences)
Payment can be made by one of the following options:
- Returning the notice with a cheque or money order for the full amount to PO Box 1943, Hervey Bay Qld 4655
- In person at one of Council's Administration Centres in Hervey Bay or Maryborough
- Via credit card over the phone by contacting Council on 1300 79 49 29
Option 2 - Apply to pay by instalments (Offences of $200 or over)
If the infringement has a fine of $200 or more, you may apply within 28 days of the date on the notice to pay by instalments of $60 per month.
To apply to make instalments, please submit your notice along with your first payment of $60 to one of the following:
- Returning the notice with a cheque or money order to PO Box 1943, Hervey Bay Qld 4655
- In-person at one of Council's Administration Centres in Hervey Bay or Maryborough
After making this application, an instalment plan will be sent to you by the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER). Failure to comply with the instalment plan will result in enforcement by SPER and you will be required to pay additional fees.
Option 3 - Withdrawal of an infringement
All requests must be submitted on a Statutory Declaration (PDF). The declaration should contain the infringement number, name of the driver, contact number and lodged with any supporting evidence.
Your request must be submitted for review within 28 days of issue of the infringement. You will receive a letter advising the outcome.
For further information, please contact Council on 1300 79 49 29.