Fraser Coast Regional Council issues rate notices three (3) times per year, in July, November and March.
Notices are issued via post or email (refer to e-Notices here).
- The Disaster Management Levy has been set at $27.00 per rateable property and continues to be levied for the purpose of contributing to Council’s flood cameras, online disaster dashboard, community resilience building projects and the SES.
- The Infrastructure Levy has been discontinued effective from 01/07/2023.
- Information regarding the State Government’s Emergency Management, Fire and Rescue Levy can be found at www.qfes.qld.gov.au
- Further information regarding the State Government’s Emergency Management, Fire and Rescue Levy can be found at www.qfes.qld.gov.au
For further information contact Council on 1300 79 49 29 or view the Frequently Asked Questions
Your POST Billpay code and reference number can be found on the front of your notice.
Council accepts Master and Visa cards only.
Australia Post is now accepting credit card payments for rates.
Payment via direct debit
With direct debit, you can choose the payment amount and how often you pay. You can cancel anytime.
Payments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly or on the due date from your nominated bank account.
To apply for direct debit, simply complete an online form by registering through e-Services or alternatively you can complete the Interactive direct debit request and/or amendment/cancellation form (PDF) and deliver to one of Council's Customer Service Centres or post to PO Box 1943, Hervey Qld 4655.
Please note a direct debit agreement is not regarded by Council as being an acceptable payment plan for outstanding rates.
To update your postal address for all notices and correspondence issued by Council's Revenue Department, please complete and return the Change of Service Address for Rates form.
If you hold a Queensland Pensioner Concession Card (issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs) or a Queensland Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card for all conditions (Gold Card) and your property is your principal place of residence, you may be eligible for a concession on your rates. Please note that a Health Care Card, Queensland Seniors Card or Seniors Business Discount Card does not entitle the holder to receive a concession.
Upon proof of eligibility the entitlement to the concession will commence from either:
- The card date shown on the pension concession card;
- The date the property becomes the principal place of residence; or,
- The start of the current rating period.
The date of commencement will be the earliest date from above criteria within the current rating period. There is no backdating to previous rating periods, regardless of previous eligibility.
To enable Council to assess your eligibility please complete and return the application for Pensioner Concession on Rates form.
You can apply for Principal Place of Residence status on your property by completing the declaration form (below).
Your situation must satisfy the definition provided in the Principal Place of Residence Policy.
If you are granted Principal Place of Residence status, you are entitled to the owner-occupied general rating category of 1a for Urban or 1b for Non-Urban .
If you require a refund of overpaid rates via cheque or EFT, please complete and return the Request for Rates Refund form.
A property search contains detailed rates and charges information required for settlement purposes and information that the purchaser needs to know e.g. Current Financial Years rates and charges; including applicable issue periods, payments received and interest charged or accrued on the property account; etc.
- Urgent property search - provided in three (3) working days from receipt of application and payment.
- Standard property search - provided in five (5) to ten (10) working days from receipt of application and payment.
To obtain a property search, please complete a property search request form and return to Council with payment of the appropriate fee.
To obtain a written property search, please complete a property search / special water meter read application form and return to Council.
To obtain Rates/Owner Information complete and return to Council.
Payment is required on application. If submitting the form digitally, Council's Customer Service department will call you for payment via credit card.
The Rating Category Statement is a summary of the various charges applicable to rateable properties